Saturday, March 14, 2009

Little time and little money

When we bought our first house, the previous owner left a big freezer in the garage. It was full of mold and rust but could be cleaned out pretty easy. And for the past 3 years I have put off cleaning it. It has come with us to our new home and still hasnt been cleaned. So today I decided I was going to tackle this thing because I need more freezer space. I put on the ugliest clothes I could find, latex gloves, and a face mask and went to work. It took me a total of about 1 hour and 15 minutes to get this thing cleaned and another 30 minutes to paint. Not long at all and only cost about $8.00. I hate when I put off things like this for so long, when I know that it won't take me very long to do it. It is just pure laziness and complete lack of motivation. Moral of this story...if you have been putting off ANYTHING for ANY reason, JUST DO IT!!!

The before shot. Pretty Disgusting huh!

This is the after scrubbing and scrapping off old paint and all the gross stuff. It doesn't look very clean, but at this point, it smelt like bleach and soap, trust me it was clean just very dinged up.

And here is the finished product. Pretty good huh! I was surprised at how well it cleaned up.

3 comments:

Stacey said...

I have to say, I am impressed! You are quite the brave cleaner!

Pogue Fam said...

Good job! You painted the inside? It looks great!

Pogue Fam said...

Ok, so I would totally tell Heather to invite you. Thing is, I made that blog for her and I think she still hasn't even GOTTEN ON that darn thing, let alone posted ANYTHING. Silly girl. Maybe if you pester her. I would like to see those pictures too!